Welcome!

I have lived across the United States and traveled across the world. Each one brings wonderful memories which include amazing foods. My desire is to search for some of my favorites from the past while finding new favorites and making new memories. Join me on my adventure!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh New Mexico...how I miss you

Happy belated Cinco de Mayo! My dad and brother went to a Braves game, so it was just me and my momma...which meant the kitchen was mine!

I made my Southwest green chile chicken enchiladas that were OUT OF THIS WORLD! I have to say, the Hatch green chile makes a huge difference!

Here is my recipe if you ever wanna try it, but I am warning you, without the Hatch green chile, it's only mediocre...

Preheat the oven to 450.
In a large saucepan, empty one can cream of chicken soup, one 4 oz can of green chile, 16 oz sour cream, 2-3 grilled chicken breasts (shredded or chopped), then top with another can of cream of chicken soup (or fiesta nacho soup if desired). Warm thoroughly. Caution: it will pop as it heats.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Stir mixture in saucepan and then spoon a small amount of sauce into bottom of the pan.
Take tortillas (I prefer flour), spoon in about a tablespoon of sauce, add a sprinkle of cheese, roll tortilla and place in pan. Repeat, "squishing" the tortillas as you go. Top the rolled tortillas with the rest of the mixture, then top with more cheese.
Place pan in the oven and cook about 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and golden.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment