It felt like Christmas morning today, for 2 reasons - 1) it snowed overnight. 2)FedEx came with a package that made me jump for joy!
Our first king cake of the season from Rouses. Cherry and Bavarian. I'm not sure if I was just spoiled in Moss Bluff or if I misconstrued my memories? I thought 2 flavors would be together throughout the whole cake instead of one flavor on half the cake and another flavor throughout the other. Oh well. Nonetheless, this king cake was delicious, moist, and so sweet!
Our family has been on a low sugar, low sodium diet, and we have not had sugary foods in a while. (Sure hope the folks at the QWLC center aren't reading this! haha!) I am still on a sugar high from 2 slices of the cake - one from each filling. Not that this will stop me from having another slice or two for breakfast with my coffee!
Hoping to enjoy other king cakes throughout this season. Yay for eating down memory lane...
No comments:
Post a Comment